Sunday, November 4, 2007

Sunday November 4, 2007

2 miles 17min--South out and back on the Gallagator Trail from MSU
Today's "run" wasn't super encouraging. I wore the new Puma Cortland IIs and felt really awkward running. I think I'm going to stick with the New Balances. I really wish that Sportiva hadn't run out of my size of the Slingshots---I could really use a fresh pair of real running shoes right now.


It's not like my foot hurt this morning, but there was some uncertainty. Although I can't really say what, something stopped me from going the full 20 minutes I was planning. This part of running is horribly frustrating and nerve-wracking (coming back from injuries). It's so hard to tell if I'm doing real damage and setting myself back or if it's all just part of getting back into it.

Finally, it's nice that the weather is staying pleasant for so long this fall--I'd expected Bozeman to experience winter a little earlier. This morning it was sunny and probably in the 40s. I'm really not a big fan of snow or ridiculously cold temperatures, so it's great; but, right about the time that I'm actually able to do some real running winter will probably be in full force.


Oct 29--Nov 4
M-0
T-0
W-0
Th-0
F-0
S-1.5mi (12min)
S-2mi (17min)
Total: 3.5mi (29min)

4 comments:

Paul DeWitt said...

Glad to see you are back to running and taking it easy. When in doubt, cut it short. 17:00 instead of 20:00 is irrelevant since there is no real training benefit being had; rather you are just getting the foot stronger each day.

We had our CRUD end-of-season party last night, and our new season starts up this Thur in Cheyenne Canyon....always a great way to start the day.

Jamie Anderson said...

Sounds like a frustrating injury for sure. Hang in there. No doubt you'll be back soon.

josuecorre said...

Injuries are terrible, I hope you have a speedy recovery. Have you tried the Mizuno Wave Universe yet? These babies are only 3.7oz and require no modification.
I modified my LaSportiva Fireblades, thank you for the tips.

bugweasel said...

Just stumbled onto your blog...am really enjoying the content. Be diligent with the foot...it always pays off in the end. Your short runs do sound promising, though. I'm sure you'll be exploring the trails before the snow really starts flying....